Young Scientist Playgroup THURSDAY February 14th 10:30 to 12:00
Sign up for a guaranteed spot at Young Scientist Play Group. Thursday 10:30 to 12:00 listed in the title.
If the spots are not filled online, then it is first come, first served basis. Max are 15 kids ages 2-5 Thank you!
This is to insure safety, first of all. But also so every single Young Scientist gets the best experience that we can provide.
At all Young Scientist Playgroups we will....
1) Animal time. We bring in one of our animals! They maybe be small or they may be BIG! Animals may include but not limited to are Sansa the snake, Trixie the Box Turtle, Gary the Leopard Gecko, Harriet the Gecko, The Hermit Crabs, The Giant Millipedes,The Little Guppies, The Snails, etc.... We usually do animal time when the kids have been there for a bit after they are comfortable with the space. **
2) Age Appropriate Experiment. We will explore different aspects of science. We may play with big magnets or looks at the crystals of rocks or compare and contrast weights or fly a paper airplane or something completely different!
3) Building area. We have different building sets that the kids can build with on the rug.
4) Table time. We have various activities for the kids to play with at the table.
5) Catapult time! this is the last thing we do. They shoot it off and then go get the ball. By this time, they are ready fro lunch and then a nap!
6) Science/Nature Story, if children seem to want this.
We have the same experiment and animal each day of the week fro Young Scientist Group. They are new animals and new experiments each week! The list of animals and experiments are listed on our homepage.
We will keep the MAX of kids at 15 of ages 2 to 5. Siblings younger then that or older are free. There are excepts. If you would like experiments for them. Please contact me. And of course, caregivers are free. Because that is silly they would be charged you.
**We do reserve the right to change animals at the last minute. We will do our best to substitute another animal for the one missing. But animals are creatures and sometimes they are not able to make it for whatever reason. We apologize for any inconvenience.
**We do reserve the right to refuse anyone holding or touching the animal for any reason.